The Runaway Starup
Integrated Marketing Solutions (IMS) was the originator of the new company C3 Ventures in Flint, Michigan. IMS was a multi-faceted business dealing in marketing, real estate, and automotive manufacturing, with multiple international partnerships. This was amid the peak of the Flint Water Crisis, and the Chamber of Commerce was happy to hear our pitch: We wanted to bring our business to the city. We received a grant from the MEDC to bring 500 jobs to Flint, standing for Clean Air, Water, and Soil.
What was I responsible for?
- Client liaison throughout project lifecycle
- Marketing and design project execution lead
- Strategy development and presentation
- Client research and reporting
C3 formed numerous subsidiaries through acquisitions and previous businesses in their portfolio:
- C3 3D (rapid prototyping)
- C3 Up (cargo container homes)
- C3 Heat (radiant head products)
- C3 MFG (automotive components through CT Automotive)
- C3 PEO (people and culture)
- and IMS (marketing services)
Outside of C3's own marketing efforts, IMS was their supporting Marketing Agency that I was inevitably responsible for. See the projects that IMS produced.
These presentation websites were used to pitch business concepts to various funds. The C3 MEDC pitch website was successful in gaining a grant for 5.7M in 2016. These concepts were inspired by Dan Gilbert's revitalization of Midtown in Detroit and C3/IMS's travels to China.